1993 book reviews 481 metaphors metonymies personifications and other tropes appear ing in court opinions have attained permanence have become insti. Get this from a library metaphor and reason in judicial opinions haig a bosmajian while much has been written on the use of metaphor in literature and religion . To the public judges handing down judicial decisions present arguments arrived through rational discourse and literal language yet as judge richard posner has . Metaphor and reason in judicial opinions by haig bosmajian review edwin battistella language volume 70 number 3 september 1994 pp 598 599 review. 78 book review and necessity of metaphor in judicial argument and in general one of the examples used by the author discusses a dissenting opinion by chief justice
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.